Monument record WHA 001 - Old Rectory

Please read our .

Summary

Moat, rectangular, circa 0.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 0193 4622 (86m by 70m)
Map sheet TM04NW
Civil Parish WHATFIELD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Moat, rectangular, circa 0.25 hectare. Ditches wet and in good condition. Entrance in W and N sides. Occupied, house timber framed but heavily restored. Isolated, 450m from parish boundary, 600m from church. Rectory partly rebuilt in 1657 by Rev Samuel Backler, who was ejected in 1662.

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <R1> Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM04NW5 (ill).
  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: tracing from the Tithe Map 1838.
  • <R2> Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 618.
  • <R3> (No record type): Barker, H.R.. Barker H R, West Suff Illus, 1907, 384.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

Record last edited

Sep 10 2009 5:24PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.