Monument record SKT 011 - Features: pits & post holes found cut into natural gravel during excavation of moated area. (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 060 576 (279m by 330m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||STOWMARKET, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Features: pits & post holes found cut into natural gravel during excavation of moated area.
Worked flint, pot boilers.
Small pit containing fragments of a collapsed, though complete, large pot (S1). Radio-carbon date from charcoal associated with the pot: 520 +/- 70 bc HAR-4473 (cal BC 790-400 at one sigma, 800-400 at two sigmas).
See also Med.
- <S1> SSF20892 (No record type): SAU, Wade K, Stowmarket moated site: A Summary, ms, 1980.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S1)(3).
- <M2> SSF44272 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 35, 1981, 79.
- <S3> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SAU, Report 99/50, November 1999.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH, 35 (1), 1981, 79.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 31 2010 12:46PM