Monument record WYV 002 - Hall Barn
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0420 6792 (175m by 206m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WYVERSTONE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Moat. Fragments only of Wyverstone Hall site. Occupied. On N side of church.
June 2000: Monitoring for building works located Med pottery. Details in (S1). Following removal of patio blocks on north side of building fragment of oolitic limestone mortar found (S2).
2001: Dredging from west arm of north moated enclosure included various pottery sherds - two examined and identified as of C12/C13 date (S3).
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM06NW13.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S1> SSF51650 Unpublished document: Gill D,. 2000. Archaeological Monitoring Report, Hall Barn, Wyverstone. SCCAS, Gills D, No 2000/35, June 2000.
- <S2> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. SCCAS, Anderson S, September 2001.
- <S3> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. SCCAS, Anderson S, November 2001.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 27 2012 9:53AM