Monument record SBN 017 - Large enclosure close to river; fragments of field systems.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0233 3682 (213m by 290m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||STOKE-BY-NAYLAND, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Large enclosure close to river; fragments of field systems. N of Lower House Farm (R1) (S5).
Rectangular enclosure, with E side obscured, approximately 100m x 25m. A long linear double-ditched trackway appears to lead off to the SW from the enclosure (S1)(S2)(S3)S4) c.80m wide (S6).
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP ZC 78, 77; SAU AGM 06,08; NMR 4/457; McMasters I, 119.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, ZC 77, 78. 1959.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM03NW15.
- <S2> SSF11025 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters I, AP 119.
- <S3> SSF18532 (No record type): SAU, AP AGM 06, 08.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, AP 4/457.
- <S5> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S6> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk. ill..
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 8 2022 1:14PM