Monument record CAV 006 - Field boundaries, sub-rectangular and oval enclosures and ten ring ditches, all of unknown date and visible as cropmarks.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 817 463 (361m by 259m)|
|Civil Parish||CAVENDISH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Area of field boundaries and cropmarks including rectangular enclosure with rounded corners circa 60m x 30m, with entrance(?) at east end. Also includes sub-rectangular/oval enclosure, CAV 019, and ten ring ditches (barrow cemetery), CAV 020-028 & CAV 040 (S1)(S2)(S3). For brief discussion see (S6).
1976: Oval enclosure lies at the edge of a field TL 817 463 amidst a group of ring-ditches, appears to be entranced (S7) (S8).
- <M1> SSF46250 (No record type): APs: (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, ARV 65, AIV 78, 1967, 1964.
- <S2> SSF18729 (No record type): SAU, APs ADA 03, ADC 11, AFY 13.
- <S3> SSF11083 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters Mrs, APs 1979 69, 1990 17.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachan D, APs, CP/96/10/6-10, June 1996 & CP/96/66A/9, July 1996.
- <S5> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, APs, BW/99/16/1 & 2.
- <S6> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Fitch N, draft BA dissertation, Nottingham, 2001.
- <S7> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S8> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 10 2021 11:52AM