Monument record EXG 020 - Egg shaped oval enclosure of unknown date, possibly a long barrow.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6252 6749 (48m by 78m)|
|Civil Parish||NEWMARKET, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Oval enclosure, egg shaped, possible long barrow. N end unclear. Circa 40m by 45+m. Adjacent to EXG 019 (S1)(S3)(S4).
Note similar, but larger, enclosures circa 400m to N - see EXG 059 & 060.
- <S1> SSF18787 (No record type): SAU, APs ADI 20 & 21, 1976.
- <M1> SSF44023 (No record type): APs: ADI 20 & 21; NAU Temp S A/7.
- <S2> SSF11734 (No record type): NAU, AP, Temp S A/7, July 1991.
- <S3> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S4> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 1 2018 2:36PM