Monument record FAS 012 - Triple ditched ring ditch of unknown date, visible as a cropmark.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8399 6730 (53m by 55m)|
|Civil Parish||FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
A series of cropmarks photographed by K J St Joseph (S1)(S2)(R1)(R2). Triple ditched ring ditch, outer ditch circa 39m diameter, inner ditch circa 17m diameter, at E end of cursus (FAS 004). Causeway ? in outer circle to NE. Within area FAS 005.
- <S1> SSF10897 (No record type): Martin, E.A.. Martin E A, When is a henge not a henge? PSIA 35, 1982 (2), 141-2, (ill).
- <R1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP ABM 16-17,.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Plot of cropmarks (in AP cabinet).
- <R2> SSF18383 (No record type): SAU, AP ADG 28-30 ; ACY 15-16,.
- <M2> SSF41197 (No record type): Barrow index:.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP ABM 16-17; SAU ADG 28-30, ACY 15-16.
- <S3> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 840 672, JDF 6-8, 1 July 1996.
- <R3> SSF7240 (No record type): Harding J, (Title & publication unknown), 1987, 175.
- <M4> SSF41199 (No record type): SAM file: computerised records 13059-13066.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 8 2019 9:02PM