Monument record FAS 013 - Double ditched ring ditch of unknown date, visible as a cropmark. (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8406 6731 (45m by 46m)|
|Civil Parish||FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
A series of cropmarks photographed by K J St Joseph (S1)(S2)(R1-R4). Double ditched ring ditch, outer ditch circa 21m diameter, inner ring circa 15m diameter, overlaps E end of cursus (FAS 004).
Within area FAS 005.
Ditch was sectioned in two places by A R Edwardson. The secondary silting contained C2 C3 Rom pottery sherds and a coin of Marcus Aurelius (see FAS 013 Rom).
- <S1> SSF10897 (No record type): Martin, E.A.. Martin E A, When is a henge not a henge? PSIA 35, 1982 (2), 141-2, (ill).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Plot of cropmarks (in AP cabinet).
- <R1> SSF5659 (No record type): Edwardson A R, CBA Gp 7, Bulletin 7, 1960, 7-8.
- <R2> SSF1549 (No record type): Briscoe Lady, Diary, 18 January 1961.
- <M2> SSF41201 (No record type): Barrow index:.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M3> SSF41202 (No record type): SAM file: computerised records 13059-13066.
- <R3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP ABM 16-17,.
- <S3> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 840 672, JDF 6-8, 1 July 1996.
- <R4> SSF18338 (No record type): SAU, AP ACY 15-16, ADG 28-30,.
- <M4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP ABM 16-17; SAU ACY 15-16, ADG 28-30.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
May 8 2019 9:02PM