Monument record SFT 008 - 12,420 coins in pot (Lower Empire, 1 ? Tetricus).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9527 6880 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STOWLANGTOFT, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
12,420 coins in pot (Lower Empire, 1 ? Tetricus). From "a field half a mile below church". Found in 1764 (S1)(S2)(R2). OS locates hoard at TL 953 688 approximately from sketch map although TL 9527 6880 more precise approximation (S1).
Coins found 'near Barbers Lane, Stowlangtoft' (R2) (R3) is a confusion with the coin hoard found at Barbers Lane, Langham (LGH 003.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL96NE6.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1, 1848, 75.
- <S2> SSF21915 (No record type): Suffolk Tourist, nd (circa 1820), 110.
- <R2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 318.
- <R3> SSF3104 (No record type): Camden, Brit 2, 86.
- <S3> SSF50040 Bibliographic reference: Barker, H. R.. 1907. West Suffolk Illustrated.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 1995 12:00AM