Monument record MTF 021 - Lambert's Farm (PMed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 305 805 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||METFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat (remains of), Lambert's Farm. Two arms of a possible small moat, rectangular, occupied. Surviving house is possibly C18. Small amount of pottery from the garden - some C13-C14, mainly C18 with a little possible C17.
1839 Tithe Apportionment: owned by William Adair of Flixton, occupied by George Barber.
Farm possibly takes its name from Jonathan Lambert, listed as a farmer in Metfield, in White's Directory 1844 (S1).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 1987 12:00AM