Monument record HRK 009 - Bronze-Age ring ditch.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1980 3579 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||HARKSTEAD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Ring ditch, circa 20m-30m diameter. Appears to be respected by some later field(?) boundaries (S1)(S2)(S3)(S4). Smaller, slighter, ring ditch adjoins to NE - see HRK 053. Within field system HRK 020.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: NMR 1/306,1/316; SAU AGC 14, AGK 03; CUCAP BNL 44; McMasters Mrs 11/7/89.
- <S1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, APs 1/306, 1/316.
- <S2> SSF18819 (No record type): SAU, APs AGC 14, AGK 03.
- <S3> SSF11077 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters Mrs, AP, 1989, Sheet 2, No 34.
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BNL 44.
- <S5> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachan D, AP, CP/96/13/9, June 1996.
- <S6> SSF50023 Photograph: Farrands. Air Photograph. Farrands AP 167.7, 1977.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 5 2013 2:09PM