Find Spot record MDS 015 - Horse Close (Tithe Map)(OS 394), Mendlesham, (Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1195 6372 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MENDLESHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1970: One light tranchet axe found during fieldwalking survey by R Colchester in new ditch line by A140. Close to Medieval ditch, MDS 014 (S1-S5)
- <S1> SSF3875 Cartographic materials: Colchester R. 1970. Mendlesham survey record sheet, site 15. Colchester R, Mendlesham survey record sheet, site 15, 1970.
- <S2> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1081.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11327, 11526.
- <S4> SSF3851 Unpublished document: Colchester R. c. 1977. A landscape history of the parish of Mendlesham.
- <S5> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 260.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2022 2:06PM