Monument record MNL 203 - Dereks Field, Holywell Row, Mildenhall, (Palaeolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7105 7771 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (1)
1980? Large distinctly patinated (dark brown) flints. Six long flakes, some with edge trimming/use fractures; one core rejuvenation flake, two small backed blades and one slightly larger; one short broad, one thick crude and two other flakes plus one broken. Found on plo ughsoil surface by John King (S1). Similar to material from King site, MNL 005 and Holywell Dolvers, MNL 334.
See also Bronze Age recod.
- <S1> SSF11264 Museum Record Card: Mildenhall Musem. 1980. MIHLM, 80.32, 1980.
- <S2> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 211.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 271, 823.
- FSF11340: LONG BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50859: CURVED BACKED BLADE (Final Palaeolithic (Hengistbury/Federmesser) - 12000 BC? to 10800 BC?)
- FSF50860: FLAKE (Final Palaeolithic (Hengistbury/Federmesser) to Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 12000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50861: CORE REJUVINATION FLAKE = CORE TABLET (Final Palaeolithic (Hengistbury/Federmesser) to Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 12000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2020 3:35PM