Monument record BRD 006 - Ploughed ring ditch of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7331 8615 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Ploughed ring ditch circa 25m diameter (S1)(S2).
1979: `Not identifiable on the ground' (S3).
Possibly one of (with BRD 004 & 028) `three rings detected from air. Visible at ground level' marked incorrectly (?) at TL 7300 8632, by Lady Grace Briscoe in 1951 (S3). Further information in G Briscoe archive?
Part of group of 8 barrows & ring ditches, also BRD 002,003,004,028,029,030 & 031.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs NZ 62,64, 1954.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP NZ 62,64; SAU AJM 9 & 11.
- <S2> SSF18881 (No record type): SAU, APs AJM 9,11, 1979.
- <M2> SSF45470 (No record type): G Briscoe archive:.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL78NW2C, 1951 & 1979.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 14 2013 12:03PM