Monument record LWT 022 - Old Hall, Gunton
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5414 9571 (66m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Gunton Old Hall, near the church, is a building of some interest and antiquity (R1). Enlarged and improved by Hewling Luson in 1746 (S2). Now demolished (October 1967) (S1).
September 2013. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
See LWT 205 for details of former medieval to post medieval earthworks surrounding Gunton Old Hall.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 18h December 2013.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 18 2020 9:13PM