Monument record BLN 011 - Cropmarks of ring ditch, potential Bronze Age round barrow
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5239 9786 (21m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||BLUNDESTON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Ring ditch circa 25m diameter (S1).
January 2014. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks of a ring ditch, potentially representing the remains of a Bronze Age barrow, are visible on aerial photographs (S2-S4). The ring ditch is centred on TM 5239 9786 and measures 17m in diameter.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 2nd January 2014.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BYB 34, 1975.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BYB 34.
- <S2> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/106G/LA/21 RP 3056-7 04-JUL-1944 (EHA).
- <S3> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service CUC BYB 34 XX-XXX-197X.
- <S4> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service Airmap86 43 4386191-4386192 01-AUG-1986.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 24 2014 1:40PM