Monument record LUD 013 - Cropmarks of a possible round barrow
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5157 9933 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||LOUND, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Single ring ditch, circa 20m diameter, noted on SAU AP, 1977 and 1979 (S1) (S2).
October 2013. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
The cropmark of a ring ditch, potentially representing the remains of a Bronze Age round barrow, are visible on aerial photographs (S4-S5) and is located within an area of enclosures and fields (LUD 008). The ring ditch is centred on TM 5157 9933 and is 20m in diameter. See LUD 015 and LUD 019 for other nearby ring ditches.
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 25th October 2013.
- <S1> SSF18485 (No record type): SAU, AP AGG 17, 21 July 1977.
- <M1> SSF41386 (No record type): APs: AGG 17, 21/7/1977, AJN 22, 26/7/1979.
- <S2> SSF18591 (No record type): SAU, AP AJN 22, 26 July 1979.
- <S3> SSF5016 (No record type): NAU, AP, TM 5199/HXX4, 5, 6, & 8.
- <S4> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service NLA TM5199/367/HXX5 02-JUL-1996.
- <S5> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. CUCAP CMK 36-38 03-JUL-1980.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 24 2014 12:01PM