Monument record SCV 023 - Undated cropmarks of linear ditches
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4920 7996 (550m by 402m)|
|Civil Parish||SOUTH COVE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
April 2014. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
Cropmarks of linear field boundary ditches are visible on aerial photographs (S1-S5) on land to the west of Cove House, South Cove.
The majority of these features represent post medieval field boundary ditches, some of which are depicted on the 1st edition ordnance survey map (S6). It is possible that some of the cropmarks may be related to the Cove Bottom Brickworks site to the south (SCV 007).
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 15th April 2014.
- <S1> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service Airmap96 13 311-312 29-SEPT-1995.
- <S2> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service SAU GD 17 15-JUL-1977.
- <S3> SSX55041 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Oblique Aerial Photograph. NMR 1662/335-339 19-JUL-1979 (EHA).
- <S4> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM 03-AUG-2007 ACCESSED 16-APR-2014.
- <S5> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM 21-MAY-2011 ACCESSED 16-APR-2014.
- <S6> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 25 2014 10:03AM