Monument record ARW 052 - A probable ring ditch of unknown date and function.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 21339 34393 (19m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||ARWARTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A probable ring ditch of unknown date and function is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs, centred on TM 21343439 just to the south of the road running between Erwarton and Shop Corner. The cropmark is slightly fuzzy but it appears to represent a ring ditch which encloses an area of around 12.5m in diameter. The partial cropmark of an outer concentric ditch may also be visible. The probable ring ditch is cut by what appears to be a later field boundary. (S1-S4) See ARW 001 for the other ring ditch just to the north and ARW 014 and ARW 055 for the surrounding field systems. (S5)
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (ASK43) 03-JUL-1967.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (BXI71) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2134/1 (956/402) 07-JUN-1976.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2134/1 (956/403) 07-JUN-1976.
- <S5> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome 09/12/03.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2014 2:43PM