Poorly Located Find Spot record LDG 026 - Roman coin, Church Hole Field
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 72 57 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LIDGATE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A denarius of Domitian found on this field by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Identified by Mr Maltby, Moyses Hall. This find is said to have been the site of a Roman encampment (S1)(S2).
Also reputed to be site of church (S3).
NGR refers to parish only.
Formerly recorded as LDG MISC
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCVIII, 16, 77.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S2> SSF5538 (No record type): EADT, 3rd March 1950.
- <S3> SSF50019 Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History. West Suffolk.
- FSF170: COIN (Roman - 81 AD to 96 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:38AM