Find Spot record IKL 228 - Berners Heath, Icklingham, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 79 76 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ICKLINGHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1976? Large microlithic point found in lying of pipe-line on Berners Heath (S1, S2). Formerly recorded as IKL 041 using grid reference of TL 795 765, which was estimated for Berners Heath only (S2). This source also lists another microlith from Berners Heath in the British Museum.
Formerly recorded as IKL MISC
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S1> SSF23444 Personal Correspondence: Wymer, J.J.. 1976. Wymer J, circa 1976. Wymer J, circa 1976.
- <S2> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 257.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11326, 11449, 11450.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1024.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Jan 21 2021 10:24AM