Monument record IPS 218 - 20 St. Helen's Street, Ipswich (IAS 3605).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1676 4455 (11m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
August 1989: following excavation of test pit to rear of property, depth to natural partly filled when examined. Ipswich Ware, Early Medieval and Medieval pottery, (S1)
October 1989: Apparently high density of pits, two sherds stamped Ipswich ware, three plain sherds Ipswich ware and three sherds Thetford type ware found in spoil (S2).
See also (S3, S4).
- <S1> SSF57016 Unpublished document: Newman, J.. 1989. Site reports, IPS 218/IAS 3605.
- <S2> SSF20043 Unpublished document: Newman, J.. 1989. Site reports (2), IPS 218/IAS 3605.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 3605.
- <S4> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 3605.
- FSF39973: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF7078: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 650 AD to 850 AD)
- FSF7079: POTTERY EARLY MEDIEVAL (IPS: Early Medieval - 1001 AD to 1150 AD)
- FSF9328: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 650 AD to 850 AD)
- FSF9329: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 27 2016 11:30AM