Monument record BDF 005 - Post Medieval post mill with two storey roundhouse.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 175 682 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BEDINGFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Post mill with two storey roundhouse, moved from next to Oakley watermill in 1828. It was demolished in 1922, the roundhouse surviving as a store. It had four patent sails, a fantail and two pairs of stones in the head (S1). Dismantled 1921 (S2).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S4> SSF59942 Index: Historic England. Related Archives/Objects from NRHE. BF004523.
- <S5> SSF59942 Index: Historic England. Related Archives/Objects from NRHE. NRI01.
- <S6> SSF56643 Index: National Record of Industrial Monuments.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2021 3:31PM