Monument record DNN 023 - Large Post Mediveal post mill with two storey roundhouse.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 286 671 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||DENNINGTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large post mill with two storey roundhouse. Built in 1822, it ceased work in 1918 and was demolished in 1925. The lower part of the walling remains in the garden of the mill house. There were four patent sails, a fantail and two pairs of stones in the head (S1).
First mapped in 1825 (S1)(R1).
- <R1> SSF2454 (No record type): Bryant, map, 1825.
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S2> SSF59798 Article in serial: A, A. Bryan. 1998. Windmill gazetteer for England.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S4> SSF59942 Index: Historic England. Related Archives/Objects from NRHE. BF004806.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 15 2021 10:15AM