Monument record MNL 329 - The Manor House

Please read our .

Summary

The Manor House, site of.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 7097 7476 (55m by 40m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL77SW
Civil Parish MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

The Manor House, site of. `Built in the reign of Elizabeth and added to by Sir Henry North Bart, and was afterwards the seat of the Hanmer' and Bunbury families (S1).
Contents of Hall sold 1932, estates in 1933 (R1). Demolished in 1934. For remains of ornate high quality wall paintings see (S2).
See details in Lost Country Houses of Suffolk by WM Roberts.

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <R1> (No record type): Sale particulars of contents of The Manor House and Mildenhall Manor estates, SRO (Bury).
  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Barker, H. R.. 1907. West Suffolk Illustrated. 261.
  • <S2> (No record type): Benton Rev G M, `Wall-paintings discovered at the Manor House Mildenhall', PSIA, 22, 1936, 108, ill.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Roberts, W.M.. 2010. Lost Country Houses Of Suffolk.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jun 10 2010 10:57AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.