Monument record CDD 022 - Vicarage Farm (Preh)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1235 5454 (526m by 346m) Approximate|
|Civil Parish||CODDENHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
1988: Fieldwalking 18 traverses, finding 94 flakes 1 possible knife (LNeo-BA), 9 pottery sherds I/A- Med(?) and 1 fragment of Roman Box tile. (S3)
Eight short fieldwalking traverses carried out as fields were ploughed for metal detecting. Few surface finds included 2 Med sherds, 16 worked flints, some patinated and 1 re-worked and 1 hand-made IA or ESax sherd (S1).
February 1999: Magnetometer survey by Peter Cott. For results (minimal) see (S2).
2003: Geophysical survey followed by part excavation located various prehistoric finds and features (usually labelled 'IA'). Details in SCCAS Report 2003/66.
Also Un, BA, IA, Rom, Sax , Med & PMed & Un.
- <S1> SSF19812 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, CDD 022, March 1990, map.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. Cott P J, Geophysics Survey Report, PJC/45, February 1999, ill.
- <S3> SSF19812 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, CDD 022, March 1988, map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (4)
- Event - Intervention: Archaeological Evaluation - Vicarage Farm, Coddenham (ESF29096)
- Event - Survey: Geophysical survey, Vicarage Farm, Coddenham (Ref: ) (ESF18718)
- Event - Survey: Magnetometer Survey at Vicarage Farm, Coddenham (Ref: ) (ESF18062)
- Event - Survey: SAU (JN), fieldwalked on two separate occasions. (ESF17130)
Record last edited
Oct 25 2022 2:37PM