Monument record EBV 064 - Roman feature, well and artefact scatter of pottery
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 51 77 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||EASTON BAVENTS, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||SOUTHWOLD, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Remains of a boarded well and pottery found at Easton Bavents in 1888, description given suggests a similar well to those at Covehithe, COV Misc (S2). Similar pottery in Ipswich Museum described as Rom (S1). More probably Med in the light of finds since (JCO ? 1976) (S4). See also Med.
Formerly recorded as EBV MISC
- <S1> SSF7202 (No record type): Grubbe J E, Vestiges of Roman colonization discovered in the neighbourhood of Southwold, PSIA, 7, 18.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 304.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Easton Bavents R, undated.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Covehithe Med (or R-B), undated.
- <S5> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM58SW2, 1978.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 10 2020 2:31PM