Monument record HRM 004 - Post Medieval trestle post mill on high piers, built in 1730.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 208 724 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||HORHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small open trestle post mill on high piers, built in 1730. It ceased work in 1930 and was pulled down three years later. The foundations can be seen together with several pieces of the mill. It had four double shuttered patent sails, two pairs of stones in the head and tail and a fantail (S1). According to Flint, built in 1750 (S2).
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <M1> SSF39813 (No record type): Mills file: (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey. 50.
- <S2> SSF6491 (No record type): Flint B, Suffolk Windmills, 1979, 135.
- <S3> SSF5278 (No record type): Dolman P C J, list of Suffolk windmills on maps, undated ms.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 9 2021 2:41PM