Monument record TUN 007 - Large post mill with roundhouse.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 37326 54805 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||TUNSTALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large post mill with roundhouse. Built in 1810, it was pulled down in 1929. The tramway for the fan carriage remains in the garden of the mill house. There were four patent sails, two pairs of stones (head and tail) and a fantail (S1).
- <M1> SSF39815 (No record type): Mills file: (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey. 50.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint, B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SSF5278 (No record type): Dolman P C J, list of Suffolk windmills on maps, undated ms.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 23 2021 12:10PM