Monument record EUN 018 - Euston to Cambridge mains water pipeline OS 7764 (Field Number)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8871 7866 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||EUSTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
March 1991: General background scatter of 17 worked flints, 1 scraper and 1 burnt flint located during fieldwalking assessment.
August 1991: Excavation in advance of pipeline laying following topsoil stripping. Three closely located pits appearing as a single charcoal & burnt flint feature on the surface. The fill of all three was similar - charcoal, dark grey sand/loam, burnt flint and some pottery (S3). These were located 190m further down (i.e. east) of the hill than BNH 039.
- <S1> SSF20224 (No record type): SAU, Pendleton C, survey archive, May 1991.
- <M1> SSF41140 (No record type): Survey archive:.
- <S2> SSF20832 (No record type): SAU, Tester A, Caruth J & Gill D, excavation archive.
- <M2> SSF41141 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <S3> SSF53731 Unpublished document: Caruth, J.. 1995. Archaeological Report, Euston to Cambridge Water Mains Pipeline.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 18 2011 10:01AM