Monument record LMD 070 - Melford Park Lodge; Melford Park Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8892 5029 (93m by 135m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Melford Park Lodge - moated park lodge (named as Melforde Parke Lodge) depicted on a map of 1580, towards the northern edge of the large deer park of the Abbots of Bury St Edmunds (see LMD 069)(S1). Only the western arm of the moat now seems to survive and the site is occupied by Melford Park Farm.
A rectangular plan farmyard sited to the north of the house on OS1st ed. Most of the buildings now gone except for a large barn of 19th century or earlier date.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2021 3:04AM