Monument record KDG 006 - Interrupted Ditch System, West of Hall Farm, Kedington, (Palaeolithic-Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7011 4726 (200m by 233m)|
|Civil Parish||KEDINGTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1981 & 1984: largish patinated blade industry (found both within and outside Scheduled causewayed enclosure) Analysis of this 1984 assemblage by Adrian Donaghey in May 2009 - considered to be Neolithic and (mainly?) late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age in date (with one Lower Palaeolithic handaxe) (S3).
October 1991: Flaked (tranchet form) axe, 14cm x 4cm x 2cm with light blue-grey patination and some cortex found on ploughsoil surface, (S1)
See also Neolithic record.
- <S1> SSF3465 Article in serial: Charge, B B. 1991. West of Hall Farm, Kedington?. Charge B B, HDAG, October 1991.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S3> SSF59558 Article in serial: Donaghey A. 2009. An assessment of a flint assemblage recovered in 1984 by the HDAG.
- <S4> SSF40328 Scheduling record: SCCAS. Interrupted Ditch System, West of Hall Farm. SAM file: drawing of axe.
- <S5> SSF10146 Article in serial: 1982. Fieldwork at a Neolithic Cropmark Site, Hall Farm, Kedington.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (5)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by DOE (Coad V J) (Ref: DOE (Coad V J)) (ESF12559)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by DOE (Corbishley M J) (Ref: DOE (Corbishley M J)) (ESF13462)
- Event - Intervention: Systematic Fieldwalking Survey, West of Hall Farm, Kedington, (ESF16786)
- Event - Intervention: Unsystematic Fieldwalking Survey? West of Hall Farm, Kedington, (ESF27545)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2020 4:07PM