Monument record HGW 009 - Thetford aqueduct pipeline: OS field 6600
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7077 6867 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||HERRINGSWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
March 1991: Fieldwalking assessment of proposed Cambridge Water Company water pipeline route located scatter of worked flint over circa 100m length. Finds listed as 13 worked flints, including 2 cores & 11 flakes (some re- utilized). Some items were slightly patinated, unpatinated flints described as of poor quality (S1).
February 1992: Following topsoil strip, oval feature containing Late Beaker pottery, identified and excavated. Details to follow (S2).
- <S1> SSF20137 (No record type): SAU, Pendleton C, fieldwalking archive, 1991, map.
- <M1> SSF40583 (No record type): Fieldwalking archive: (S1).
- <S2> SSF20837 (No record type): SAU, Tester A, excavation archive, 1992, plan, section, map.
- <M2> SSF40584 (No record type): Excavation archive: (S2).
- <S3> SSF53731 Unpublished document: Caruth, J.. 1995. Archaeological Report, Euston to Cambridge Water Mains Pipeline.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 18 2011 5:00PM