Monument record SWD 007 - Church of St Edmund

Please read our .


Church of St Edmund.


Grid reference Centred TM 5075 7639 (124m by 110m) Centred on
Map sheet TM57NW


Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Church of St Edmund. Entirely rebuilt circa 1430. Extensive details in (S1)(S2)(S3).
Scarfe suggests it could be the second of the two churches recorded as Domesday churches for the parish of Reydon (S4).
The gates to the church are made in the complimentary gothic style and were cast by local ironfounder G.E. Child (S5).

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <S1> (No record type): evsner N & Radcliffe E, The Buildings of England: Suffolk, 1974 ed 430- 432.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 348-9.
  • <S3> Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TM 508 7631/HXZ, 7-11, 2 July 1996.
  • <S4> Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Scarfe N, Domesday Churches.
  • <S5> Serial: Suffolk Industrial Archaeological Society Newsletter. August 2010.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jul 6 2022 5:11PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.