Monument record KND 009 - Buxlow; Buxton
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 413 606 (247m by 231m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||FRISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||KNODISHALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1753: Symbol for `church or chapel in ruins' on Bowen's map of Suffolk at `Buxton', N of Friston church (S1).
1783: Faint cross (?) shown in same area on Hodskinson's map. Location named as Buxlow with wood to E (S2).
Circa 1850: Not shown or named on OS 1st ed map.
Note lost village of Buxlow and Church of St Peter at Buxlow have been claimed to be located at Knodishall Green (see KND 001 & 006) - some confusion may exist.
In 1977 this location in Knodishall parish, by 2001 in Friston parish.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 6 1993 12:00AM