Monument record KDG 019 - Risbridge Home; Hospital (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7020 4692 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||KEDINGTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
September/October 1993: Site assessment consisting of 15 trenches. Two ditches found in NW part of site in the grounds of Risbridge Home. One contained 55 sherds Belgic pottery and 4 sherds late IA pottery. Also 1 other Belgic sherd and C1 Rom brooch (see Rom). Majority of area to E & S disturbed by PMed gravel digging. Details in (S1)(S2).
See also Excavation Report SCCAS No 98/9 (S3). Excavation in 1997 revealed 1 pit of IA date and much Rom.
- <S1> SSF19187 (No record type): SAU, Caruth J, Excavation archive, October 1993.
- <M1> SSF45362 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <S2> SSF19183 (No record type): SAU, Caruth J, Excavation archive, Archaeological Evaluation Report, October 1993, ill.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S3> SSF50028 Excavation archive: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Excavation Report. SAU, Boulter S, SCCAS Report 98/9, April 1999.
- <S4> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, AP, TL74/ JEG 4,6 & 7.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Feb 19 2008 12:02PM