Monument record HBK 016 - Holbrook Gardens

Please read our .

Summary

House with 15-19 hearths listed in 1674.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 176 364 (1001m by 1113m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM13NE
Civil Parish HOLBROOK, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (7)

Full Description

House with 15-19 hearths listed in 1674. Park (Holbrook Gardens) with (ornamental) lake and fishponds and ornamental plantation shown on Hodskinson's 1783 map as owned by Sir Charles Kent (S1). House now known as Park House marked as `Keepers House' on (S2) with `Summer Ho.' on E side of lake bridge. Area marked as `Holbrook Gardens or Wilderness' (S2). The site of the original house is not shown on either (S1) or (S2). Park defined on HER map approximately after (S1).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
  • <S2> (No record type): OS, 1st ed 1" map, 1838.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jun 9 1994 12:00AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.