Monument record TAT 015 - Tattingstone Place; Tattingstone Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1384 3707 (540m by 1086m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||TATTINGSTONE, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Tattingstone Place - large red brick building "new" in 1764. In ornamental grounds with lake (now enlarged into Alton Reservoir engulfing majority of park)(S1)(R1).
Park approximately defined on HER map after (S2)(S3). C18 park may also have included Tattingston Hall (TAT 02) and Ash Ground (as shown on 1959 OS map) to N.
Also see Tattingstone Wonder (TAT 016).
- <S1> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. Pevsner N & Radcliffe E, The Buildings of England, Suffolk, 1981, 460.
- <R1> SSF23225 Unpublished document: Williamson,T. & Taigel, A.. 1992-1994. A Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Suffolk.
- <S2> SSF12832 (No record type): OS, 1st ed 1" map, 1838.
- <S3> SSF7563 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
- FSF32856: MANUSCRIPT (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 9 1994 12:00AM