Monument record LWT 013 - 41-42 & 160 High Street; Priory of St Bartholomew (site of)

Please read our .

Summary

Possible remains of Priory of St Bartholomew.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 551 938 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TM59SE
Civil Parish LOWESTOFT, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Possible remains of Priory of St Bartholomew.
Vaulted crypts below 41, 42 and 160 High Street. 160 filled in when Anchor Hotel built over it in 1897 (S1).
Site marked at TM 553 938 on HER record map.
41, 42 and 160 High Street centre around NGR TM 5514 9390.

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <R1> (No record type): Powell, Lowestoft through the Ages.
  • <S1> Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM59SE1.
  • <R2> (No record type): Gillingswater, History of Lowestoft, 1790.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Sep 22 2008 3:16PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.