Monument record EXG 075 - Burwell Water Supply Improvements, Exning, (Prehistoric).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6199 6406 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||NEWMARKET, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
July 1997: Monitoring and part excavation of natural hollow in chalk subsoil containing burnt & struck flints, animal bones and flint gritted pottery. There was also an irregular grouping of post holes which also contained charcoal. Details in (S1).
- <S1> SSF20817 Unpublished document: Tester, A. 1997. Archaeological Monitoring & Excavation Report,. SAU, Tester A & Anderson S, Archaeological Monitoring & Excavation Report, SCCAS Report 97/58, Augus.
- FSF21666: BURNT FLINT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF21667: ANIMAL REMAINS (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF21668: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50191: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF50192: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF50193: FLAKE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF50194: FLAKE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 29 2020 12:02PM