Monument record SUP 017 - Cedars Park , Area A, Phase 2 A Iron Age (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 06291 58484 (34m by 52m)|
|Civil Parish||STOWUPLAND, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
June 1999: Evaluation revealed range of pottery including hand-made flint gritted (IA?), Rom and Med.
Excavation identified a large ditch of probable Iron Age date and a number of large pits, post holes andf four post structures.(S1)(S2)(S3) (S4) (S5).
- --- SSF54878 Unpublished document: Nichols, K, O'Brien Leonora. 2004. Cedars Park, Stowmarket, Post Excavation Assessment and Updated Project Design.
- <S1> SSF50132 Unpublished document: Hertfordshire Archaeological Trust. 1999. Excavation Report. (Buskerby D), HAT Evaluation Report 532.
- <S2> SSF54211 Unpublished document: McDonald, T.. 1999. Site A, Phase II. Cedars Park, Stowmarket. An Archaeological Excavation Interim Report.
- <S3> SSF50132 Unpublished document: Hertfordshire Archaeological Trust. 1999. Excavation Report. (Last J), HAT desk based Assessment report 517.
- <S4> SSF54876 Unpublished document: Nicholson, K.. 2006. A Late Iron Age and Romano-British Farmstead at Cedars Park, Stowmarket, Suffolk.
- <S5> SSF54875 Unpublished document: Gibson, C. Cedars Park, Stwmarket, Suffolk, An Iron Age and Roman Site.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2013 3:03PM