Monument record TNG 039 - Thorington - ...6 or 7 Roman urns…
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 42 74 (1000m by 1000m)|
|Civil Parish||THORINGTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Thorington - in digging the foundations for a cartshed to a new farmhouse on Colonel Brices property in this parish in 1824-1825, 6 or 7 Roman urns, much broken, were found (S1).
No further information (S2).
Formerly recorded as TNG MISC
- <R1> SSF5032 (No record type): Davy D E, Suffolk Colln, BM additions to manuscripts vi 19082, folio 359.
- <S1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 318.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM47SW2, 1974.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Thorington R, undated.
- FSF5303: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 1 2019 4:14PM