Monument record ING 010 - Prehistoric artefact scatter (Preh)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 85435 72455 (685m by 514m)|
|Civil Parish||INGHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
4 lithic implements and 1 arrowhead found whilst metal detecting in June 2001. All either neo or BA. Details in S1.
2004: Also Bronze socketed axehead found metal detecting. Fragment only (S2).
2003: C.50 flints, mostly flakes found on surface whilst metal detecting (S3).
- <S1> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. Frost, m. per Pendleton, C., SCCAS. June 2001.
- <S2> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. Frost, M., per Pendleton, C., SCCAS. Sept 2004.
- <S3> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. Pendleton, C., SCCAS. April 2003.
- FSF26717: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 701 BC)
- FSF26718: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF26719: ARROWHEAD (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF30460: SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FSF31892: FLAKE (Early Bronze Age to Middle Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1001 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 13 2013 9:08AM