Monument record RGD 010 - Grove Farm, Ringsfield Common
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 41517 87847 (45m by 42m)|
|Civil Parish||RINGSFIELD, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Roughly rectangular earthworks(?) or cropmarks, visible on AP (R1), of possible toft/croft on west side of former Ringsfield Common (RGD 009)(S1). Not shown on OS 1st edition or 1884 maps.
Rapid walk over by Tim Maycock located small scatter of pottery, consisting two Hollesley type glazed and three Hollesley type unglazed (including jar rim) sherds (all C13/C14) and one handle/rim of Late Medieval (C15/C16) jar(?), just to east of enclosure (earthworks?) at TM 4155 8788 (S2)(S3).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S2)(S3).
- <R1> SSF50113 Photograph: OS. Air Photograph - OS. 67056 052, April 1967.
- <S1> SSF7563 Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
- <S2> SSF50082 Verbal communication: Personal communication. Maycock T, November 2001.
- <S3> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. Anderson S, SCCAS, Finds identification, November 2001.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 15 2002 4:00AM