Monument record MNL 521 - Eldon Farm, Holywell Row, Mildenhall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 71562 77384 (172m by 114m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (1)
2002: Monitoring was carried out during the excavation of a building footprint for an agricultural building at Eldon Farm, Mildenhall. Two peat hollows were uncovered between areas of orange sand underlying a sandy ploughsoil. A thin scatter of features likely to be prehistoric, although there was insufficient evidence to closely date the site (S1).
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be at least Upper Palaeolithic or younger based on details of discovery. (S2).
- FSF28229: BURNT FLINT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF28230: ANIMAL REMAINS (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF50776: LEAF POINT? (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Late Iron Age - 42000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50777: FLAKE? (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Late Iron Age - 42000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF50778: CORE? (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Late Iron Age - 42000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Apr 14 2020 10:54AM