Monument record CSA 023 - Tangham House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 35412 48161 (point)|
|Civil Parish||CAPEL ST ANDREW, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Tower structure (church, viewing tower?) with building to east and separate building in separate plot further to east. Shown on Ralph Agas' map of 1594 (S1). Faint notation appears to read 'Sitav manor ofTangeha' . In ownership of John de Tangham in 1327.
Note: not listed by Copinger as manor.
Note: tower and central position in parish perhaps suggest church (note St Andrews Church - CSA 001) was demolished circa 1530.
- <S1> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Agas R(alph), map of Tangham, Capel St Andrew, 1594, British Library, ms Eg2789 Folio B.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 1 2010 4:33PM