Monument record BRG 032 - Undated features at Moreton Hall East
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 88243 64939 (59m by 122m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT BARTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Excavation in 1999 recommended further investigation in area 9 (amongst other areas) so consequently excavation took place. Sparse archaeological features were seen, all undated. The boundary ditch between Catsale Green and Blowthorpe Heath was also seen as a double ditch line. (S1)
With parish boundary change now in Bury St Edmunds rather than Great Barton parish.
- <S1> SSF57796 Unpublished document: Craven, J.. 2002. Archaeological Excavation Report: Moreton Hall East, Great Barton.
- FSF29575: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF29576: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- FSF29577: BURNT FLINT (Unknown date)
- FSF29578: TILE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 25 2017 1:29PM