Monument record IPS 459 - The Red House, Redhouse Park, Redhouse Farm, Ipswich.

Please read our .

Summary

The Red House and park to south, shown on Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk in 1783.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 17259 46395 (833m by 1630m)
Map sheet TM14NE
Civil Parish IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (4)

Full Description

The Red House and park to south shown on Hodskinson's Map of Suffolk in 1783 (owned by M Edgar Esq) (S1). Extensive landscape park surrounding mansion (at TM 1729 4635) shown on 1880s OS map. Redhouse Farm to north (part of estate?). HER mapping after 1880s OS map. Southern part of park and mansion built over by 1970s (OS map). Farm survives. Further details not checked.
See details in Lost Country Houses of Suffolk by WM Roberts.

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Roberts, W.M.. 2010. Lost Country Houses Of Suffolk.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Events/Activities (1)

Record last edited

Jul 24 2019 3:00PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.