Monument record IPS 401 - Agilent Technologies, Whitehouse Road.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 13278 47054 (30m by 57m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
2000: excavation prior to development revealed LBA/EIA pit containing Early Iron Age (not Darmsden type - Matt Brudenell) pottery. Also from site were three worked flints, a Late Iron Age /Early Roman layer containing a decapitated (?) human skull (see Roman) and 2 undated ditches and 4 undated pits. Details in(S1). Adjoins (south of) multi-period settlement IPS 247.
- <S1> SSF51704 Unpublished document: Everett, L.. 2000. Excavation report. Agilent Technologies, Whitehouse Road, Ipswich.
- FSF30902: POTTERY (Late Bronze Age to Early Iron Age - 1000 BC to 401 BC)
- FSF30903: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF30904: POT BOILER (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF30905: POTTERY (Late Iron Age to Roman - 1 AD to 100 AD)
- FSF30906: HUMAN REMAINS (Late Iron Age to Roman - 100 BC to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 19 2017 9:06AM