Monument record RGH 043 - 'Pigfield near Bury', Rougham
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 87855 63194 (744m by 490m)|
|Civil Parish||RUSHBROOKE WITH ROUGHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Oct/Nov 2005: TL 8794 6323 (field centre only) - important group of over 250 worked flints from field surface, mainly of Middle Bronze Age (or Later Bronze Age or even Iron Age) date, including Early Bronze Age plano-convex knife & re-used earlier flints. Details in (S1).
March/April 2006: TL 8780/6334 - 12 additional flints including Early Bronze Age bifacially worked knife (of plano-convex type) & re-utilised Mesolithic or Neolithic flake (S1).
Later 2006: Barbed and Tanged arrowhead, PAS No. SF-BB38C7.
June 2006: 27 flints, includind blade end of part-polished flint axehead, 12 flakes and blade (3 hinge fractured but possibly Neolithic?), flake off hammerstone, 9 scrapers & 4 flakes of Later prehistoric date (S1)
July 2006: 4 flints, including snapped Neolithic laurel leaf, end scraper, retouched (& notched) bifacial knife (?)& heavily patinated end scraper with later retouch (S1).
See also (S2)
- FSF32024: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Middle Bronze Age to Middle Iron Age - 1600 BC to 101 BC)
- FSF32025: PLANO CONVEX KNIFE (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF32942: BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF32993: POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF33051: LAUREL LEAF (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF51852: FLAKE? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF51853: SCRAPER (TOOL)? (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:58PM